Fanart Tsugumomo

     So, it's been a long while my blog. Recently I got a used Wacom Cintiq Companion right before all this lockdown kicked in. Pretty cheap for something that can be considered a "tablet laptop" $150 with a bad battery. Everything works great. I updated it to windows 10 and so far so good. No complaints from me. There seems to be no battery replacement circulating in the market, so I called wacom to check if they'd ship me one... Unfortunately they don't sell batteries, but they would gladly do a battery replacement service for around $200... I think I will pass for now. I tried trickle charging the dead battery, but it didn't work, I tried charging the battery for an hour and it kept the charge, but the cintiq failed to recognize the battery??. I think it has a chip that automatically bricked it. There was no sign of corrosion or bulging on the batteries. Oh well, something to keep an eye out I guess.

     Practicing on tsugumomo manga painting. 20 minutes at a time. I'm a fan of the work of manga artist Yoshikadu. I've been watching his digital art process for years now. He is great, unlike some other manga artists who uses assistants, Yoshikadu draws everything, the sketch, the background, the tones, etc... 
   
     It's not that I have stopped drawing, I haven't. Every once in a while I draw and practice. For a bit, I was obsessed with Tokyo Ghoul. :)

     Then, Bleach... I still have to finish the series. Trying to find the right digital pens and markers in the Clip studio assets is a hit or miss. But so far, I think I found my favorites. I love the copic marker style and at the same time, the thin G-pen style inks.
    
     My all time favorite style, Pop manga.....