Comparator mirror

    I'm still alive! After a long hiatus, I'm finally back. There will be more digital drawings, just because they are less messy and requires no materials other than my digital tablet.
    So, I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago and it's called "Tim's Vermeer." It was very eye opening. I always thought that clearly the Renaissance artist used some kind of a tool. Just look at the details in the paintings, I'm not trying to throw shade on the artist pure talent for painting. Anyways, Tim used a tool, called the comparator mirror. Very simple, a mirror angled 45 degrees on to the drawing surface and vioala, you compare the image that you are drawing vs. the image on the mirror. No grids, perioood!
    Schools should use this technique. I wish my art teachers showed us this technique of creating art. The mirror is not a crutch, you are not copying the image. You are comparing the image. It teaches you how to observe better without the distraction of distance. The mirror places your subject directly onto the canvas. This technique gives you more time to focus on other things.